What add, adhd meds wont cause weight gain? Do any help with losing weight?

Callie,

My 13 year old son was on Vyvanse and could not gain any weight plus it takes away your appetite. Alot of the Adhd meds are the same.

Smileyhappy

bumblebee90 23 Jun 2012

I agree with smileyhappy. Ruthie

I take Vyvanse. It helped my ADHD and caused me to loose weight at first. I have been on various medications over the years and Vyvanse works the best. I lost weight at first on many of the medications, but I gained it back as my body got used to the medicine.

With any of the ADHD meds it it seems like you loose some wieght in the beginning, then as you get to the right rates, by tritrating up you may level out on your wieght, These meds can be aditive to the wrong diagnoses. It is best to see a shrink to see and talk about what is up, there maybe other things going on with you!