Acyclovir N 943 Does this pill expire? I have some that are probably 5 years old?

It is MY understanding that medication looses it's potency over time. I used to work for a vet and we used expired meds all the time, much to my disgust, and he always said they were still good, just maybe not as strong. To be completely safe, I'd call the pharmacist. Of course they are under all those guidelines and would probably tell you to pitch them. I have to take that stuff often, as I have chronic mono, and it's not expensive. Maybe it would be safer to just get more. I know some chemicals can change their make up over time. Hope that helps.