Abilify 5mg, I just started taking it. Have anyone had good/bad results?

Hi i am jan
i was on abilify for like a year and it worked great for me the onyl draw back which i did lose already is that it put like 38lbs on me very very quickly. It soon got me off of the sofa and back on my feet in conjunction with lamictal and effexor xr
i recently just came off of it thats what i wanted to tell u i took 30mg of it graduaslly went up of course and when i hit 30 we stopped it and the withdrawal from that was heck let me tell u!!! i finally took the samples I had and the 30mg ones and cut them all up into quarters and weaned off that way u can NOT just stop this med please dont. u will get such weird sensations in the face and jittery and everything. i am off of it now doing fine just because we cant afford it right now, it is 400 for three months and right now we just moved anyways we cant afford it but i have nothing but good things to say about it i am just praying every night i can stay stable without it so far so good. Good luck with it hon lol always janymak

I started out taking Abilify 5mg and had good results with it. After being on it for 2 weeks, I could see a big differance in my mood swings. Sandy

I am now on 120mg of Cymbalta and 5mg of Abilify and am having good results. I took me some time on the 2.5mg of Abilify before I could go up to the 5mg dose, but the wait was worth it.

I am on it and I have gained 20 pounds in a year!!! Other than that it keeps my moods level!!

Abilify has saved my life. It is the only drug that keeps me from being suicidal. When I don't take it I have severe suicidal tendencies. I have been on it for a few years and my psychiatrist just upped my dosage to 18 mgs. I am not aware of any adverse side effects, but I am on a host of drugs. I am sure some counteract somewhere along the line. My Psych cocktail is Cymbalta, Abilify, Lamictal and Seroquel and I swear I could not function properly without the four. The one complaint I do have about Abilify is the God Awful expense of it.

My eleven year old son has been taking abilify 5 mg for 2 years and has had great results. I have been on 5 mg in the past. It takes a while for the drug to adjust to your system. If you have any side effects report to doctor immediately.

I took Abilify for over two years, just stopped because insurance company dropped it off the list and I couldn't afford it myself. I never experienced any bad side effects at all; in fact, I was surprised at how quickly it worked to get rid of a horrible depression that hit me suddenly and without warning. Usually BP meds take 4-6 weeks to start working, but within 1-1/2 to 2 weeks on Abilify, I was completely turned around. I felt like someone had turned on a light in a dark room. Started at 5mg also.

My psychotic symptoms progressed over the following year, and so my dosage was increased to 30 mg/day. That's what I stayed on until I stopped taking it. I understand a lot of people have had problems with it, but I guess everyone's different. I really had a good experience with it. It sure stopped the horrible hallucinations, and that was a real blessing - I mean, they were absolutely terrifying.

my 7 year old son was on it for about 5 months. I had to take him off it because he ate soooo much I couldnt afford to fed him. It calmed him down a little but the food was rediculous.. he is now on resperidal..

Hi, not long ago i tryd abilify also n it made me sooo groggy all i did was sleeep

i took abilify for like 2 days. and it was horrible. it increased my agitation,anxiety and made me paranoid. i had to go to the hospital and get an IM of valium to make the side effects stop. i will never take that medication again.

Wow after reading alot of other posts i wonder why I take 30mgs daily of Abilify

Sideffects2 12 Jul 2010

Everyone metabolizes the drugs differently, so try not to get too hung up on the numbers. Just think of how it's making you feel. If your illness is more bearable and you are able to function better. That's the ticket.

Terrible. I started falling asleep everywhere. And had bad twitches and became very suicidal.

I found myself in a clinical depression, thought I could get out of it myself. When that didn't work, I did seek the help of a Med/Shrink who then put me on Abilify. I was a wonder drug at first. You must stay monitored professionally on this. Serious side effects are unusual tics and uncontrolled tongue, mouth or facial movements that once started cannot be stopped. This is not a drug you want to stay on for any serious length of time. Your shrink should be having you stick out your tongue and hold it out for a minute or longer and see if these side effects are starting. Good Luck

I have been on abilify for several years and loved. Never felt more normal then before any other med. I am in search of a new med for bipolar due to the fact that I have history of diabetes in my family and my sugar levels have been getting high and I have developed trouble swallowing. Not sure if it was from the drug but don't want to take any more risk then I have to with meds. Otherwise I would love to stay on it.

I was taking Cymbalta alone for years, but I still had that feeling of constant melancholy. The Abilify took care of that, and I hope I can always take it. I think it is a very good drug and does what it's supposed to do.

jdvib 4 Jul 2011

Just take it at low doses. That goes for the whole lot of them. Lol.

Page 1 2 3 Next