I need some advice. I have never used my pain meds illegaly- I have been taking morphine derivitive meds for over 10 years. I have finally gotten in to see a pain management guy and things are looking up a bit (injections etc) but - recently my GP terminated my care and I have not been able to locate ANY doctors willing to take on a new patient with existing opiate medications. Also - detox centers here in MI are not able to accept a person that is not abusing pain medication illegaly. I am 40 Diabetic and am considered morbidly obeese but have normal blood pressure and eat a more or less healthy diet with an eye towards weight loss.

All that being said, It is looking like I am going to have to quit these drugs cold turkey. Our Financial situation does not allow me to be able to join a program to ween me due to the travel distance and the frequency that I would need to be seen - plus the doctors do not accept the insurance I have.

what should I expect once I am out of my medication.

I have the following meds left - any advice you can offer on how to ween myself with what I have would be gratefully appreciated - I feel betrayed and lost.

Approximately 60 - Morphine Sulfate 60MG ER Tablets (Generic of MS Contin)
Usage 1 tablet every 8 hours
Approximately 60 - Morphine Sulfate 15MG CR Tablets (Generic of MS Contin)
Usage 1 tablet every 8 hours
Approximately 60 - Morphine Sulfate 15MG IMM REL Tablets
Usage 1or 2 tablets by mouth four times Daily as needed for pain

Thank you for your time and help.